Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sewing for baby

These are the things I created for my baby while I was pregnant. I finished the quilt the day before she was born. I haven't done any sewing since. I'm so glad I made them when I did because I'm not sure when I will find the time and space to sew again.
The ball is hand sewn using English paper piecing. The blue triangles are from a thrifted shirt and the other fabrics are from my stash.
The doll is made from wool felt. I made the pattern up as I went along and I love the way she turned out. She has removable clothes so I can make different outfits for her later. Her dress is reversible too.
My Mum often gives me little bundles of fat quarters for my birthday and Christmas. I gathered together a collection of warm browns to make this baby quilt. It's a traditional nine patch, machine pieced and quilted using my walking foot.

No comments: